New to me case 650L only reaches 1300rpm with the throttle all the way up. I have verified there are no valves partially closed on fuel tank. Changed both fuel filters. Checked air filter. Machine does not smoke, and makes decent power for given rpm. No warning lights on dash. No other indications of an issue. Anybody have any ideas?
Are there any codes on dash?
Not that I can find. I’ve tried cycling through the menu looking for any warnings or codes and can’t find anything.
The thing about the "L" series is they're all electrical controlled, you may have to contact your local dealer and have a tech come out to hook up lap top and diagnose the issue. One thing you can check though is the fuel flow to the filters and also the vent plug in the fuel cap.
Yep, the all electronic thing has my hands tied. I tried running it with the gas cap open, air filter off, new fuel filters, and inspected the fuel lines for collapse. I think it’s time to call a mechanic.
I did have an 850L that had the same thing going on a year or so ago. The owner had also just changed fuel filters and used WIX filters. We put Case filters on and the issue went away, but there was an error code on his machine, I can't remember which one though. But had to do with the fuel controller.
Mystery solved: The decelerator pedal has lost its bearings. It is not returning to full throttle after you remove your foot. It’s always the simple thing.