Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2016 Cat 249D has no power when i turn the key on.

catman54 · 2024-04-27 21:58

I have a 2016 cat 249D. The battery was bad so i put a new battery in. WHen i turn the key on, theres no power anywhere. THe battery cables are good, i have a good ground. I checked all the fuses and none were blown. The machine does not have a master kill switch, so thats not an issue. Anyone have any ideas of what to look at or what to do?? I appreciate all and any help.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2024-04-28 01:15

    Was everything working ok before you swapped the battery.? If you want an electrical schematic to go tracing power you’ll need to post a Serial Number.

  2. #2heymccall2024-04-28 06:54

    There is fuses on back side of cab wall, under the circled black covers. Borrowed from this thread 249D Parasitic drain Here is an image of those three relays with the cab raised. The way they are installed on the machine is identical to the way they appear on the schematic. HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3catman542024-05-01 15:46

    Yes, everything worked perfectly before. SN is CAT249DKGWR00864. Thank you for the help

  4. #4Nige2024-05-01 17:15

    As @heymccall mentioned above there are three large capacity fuses on the back side of the cab. Check your messages - schematic incoming.

  5. #5heymccall2024-05-01 18:06

    Nige, can I have a schematic copy, too?

  6. #6Nige2024-05-01 20:16

    Sure. Same S/No.? Because the GWR prefix has 2 different schematics depending on what the S/N is..

  7. #7heymccall2024-05-01 20:44

    Same serial number, as I'd like to play along

  8. #8Nige2024-05-01 21:38

    Incoming........