So I fueled up the machine next to the work truck and a couple days later went to start it cranking. No start hitting like it wants to start but it just won’t. I have changed fuel filter checked fuel pressure and volume volume was good pressure was below spec so I replace the electric fuel pump transfer pump filter, assembly complete Still same suit problem change the fuel rail thinking that according to the dealer there was a pressure relief valve in there that did no good. Check the relay on the tank swap it out for a good one that didn’t help. It will crank over and sound like it wants to start but it just won’t start , my next alternative is going to be calling the cat dealer and spending $1000 for on-site training. I really was hoping that wouldn’t be necessary but I’m at my wits end I replace the “t” in the top of the tank first again per the cat dealer, I replace the engine in this machine 500 hours ago, so I’m hoping it’s something electrical that’s not allowing the fuel to go through but I don’t have any books on this machine . Serial # CW900836 The engine wiring harness was replaced when the engine was replaced. It just seems odd. After fueling it up it decided not to start. Normally I would assume there was a water in fuel issue which we deal with all the time but after new fuel filter and then a whole new assembly with a pump and a new filter I’m still getting exactly the same result it’ll hit and act like it wants to start but then it just won’t start.
What if you give it a small sniff of start fluid, and see if it will run on that. If it does, you know its fuel related. Are you getting fuel to injectors? Try blowing some air back to tank to check for blockage.
Does the machine crank, or does it just attempt to crank?
Did tiu Did you ever figure this machine out I got a 289d3 after it’s been parked for a week now crank no start. No codes Got lots of fuel machine has 230hrs