Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2016 Ford Superduty wiring diagram

Columbo · 2025-12-31 19:45

Hi all- I’ve been asked to look at one of my father in law’s fleet trucks, a 2016 Ford F250 XL 2wd. The complaint is that the blower motor isn’t working. Apparently the blower itself tested ok and they replaced the resistor assembly with no luck. Anyone have access to a wiring diagram for the blower motor circuit they could share? Thanks in advance!

Replies8
  1. #1Steve Frazier2026-01-01 21:25

    I don't have a schematic but did have an Econoline van with the blower motor not working. I traced the problem back to the switch, the harness connector had tarnished, built resistance and then heat and the connection would no longer flow power. Had to get a new switch and harness end. Dorman had both.

  2. #2Coaldust2026-01-01 23:24

    I don’t think a 2016 has a resister. IDK? Maybe the XL does? I believe it’s PWM controlled by the dreaded Ford HVAC Module. Hidden BEHIND the heater core. My goodness.

  3. #3Columbo2026-01-02 08:26

    Thanks for the replies, I’ve seen horror stories about that module. Hopefully that’s not the problem, from some of the reading I did online, looks like it’s accessed through the engine bay?

  4. #4Tony Wells2026-01-02 12:07

    This, perhaps Lots of possibilities.

  5. #5Columbo2026-01-02 18:32

    Thank you!

  6. #6Tony Wells2026-01-02 22:51

    Can get more if needed.

  7. #7Columbo2026-01-03 17:20

    Just wanted to say thanks again, especially to @Tony Wells . Truck is fixed today, I suggested we start by checking everything over from the beginning as three or more people had already tried to “diagnose” it. Turns out, the climate control mini-fuse in the body control panel (behind passenger foot well panel) had blown and nobody checked it. New fuse, plugged all of the disconnected wires back in, and it works. Sometimes it’s the simple stuff.

  8. #8Tony Wells2026-01-04 03:58

    You are welcome. I would want to know why the fuse blew. Glad you got it going.