Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2018 Cat 305.5E2 mini excavator digital display not showing values

menno ยท 2025-03-17 17:31

I have a 2018 Cat 305.5E2 mini excavator that I just bought. I noticed that the digital display does not display all the parameters. Here are a few that show 0 Total engine running time 0.0 but the analog gauge shows 833 hours Fuel level % 0 Total fuel shows 140 L (not sure what the difference is between the fuel level % and level is) Coolant level 0 Oil temperature 0 Oil pressure 0 Fuel pressure 0 Some others do show values like Engine speed, Battery Potential and System voltage etc..

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2025-03-17 17:37

    Doesn't help much. That model comes in half a dozen different flavours. Do you have a Serial Number.? Second question. Is the Operation Manual still in the pocket on the back side of the seat.?

  2. #2menno2025-03-17 19:13

    The serial number is CAT3055ETWE205440 I checked for the manual, and only the engine manual is there

  3. #3CM19952025-03-17 19:19

    Welcome to the Forums! You are in good hands with Nige, so my best advice is to follow what he says. I also have an '18 305E that's been a great machine so far. Bought it used in '21.

  4. #4Nige2025-03-17 20:12

    Thank you. So the manual you need for the machine is Cat Publication reference SEBU9304. It will be useful for a lot of thing, especially if you plan on doing all your own maintenance. If you can't find one anywhere in the usual online marketplaces a copy can be downloaded from the Cat Publications web site for $75. Attached a small section from the O&M Manual in respect of the Monitoring System. Without digging too deep I suspect that the system is current not in the "Normal Operation" Mode. I'll let you read up on it. Come back if you have any questions. EDIT: Should have read a bit more deeply first. There is apparently also a supplement regarding the Monitor System that has all the good stuff in it. Give me a while, I'll find a copy.

  5. #5menno2025-03-18 11:49

    @Nige thank you for your response. I will check out what you attached

  6. #6menno2025-03-18 16:27

    When I checked the manual of the part you provided for the display, my machine is not the same. The manual shows an 8 or 10-inch display, and my machine has a 4-inch display.