I've researched the issue here and found some info with this problem on various other machines, but none specific to this vintage. I was able to find a schematic online, but it was for machines DY9891-UP and it appears that the ECM is in the engine compartment on this model rather than under the LH side of the cab. Does anyone have this schematic? Machine was running yesterday and just suddenly died. Message came up about the horsepower rating mismatch, then threw the E459-2 code. Tried hooking up the ET to it, but couldn't get communications established. I'm looking for bad grounds, as others have experienced, but nothing yet. Wanted to start probing connectors and relays, but without a good schematic, I'm flying blind. Anyone with a schematic or experience with this problem on this vintage? Thank you!
Your machine is DY902297, so the schematic for DY9891-Up (Cat doesn't put the zeros in) is the correct one for your machine. The latest version of the schematic is M0116765-04. Is that the one you have.?