Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2021 CAT 299D3 display passcode

roysti81 · 2025-11-21 13:51

I don’t have the display code, and I’ve purchased a CAT ET to help retrieve it, but I won’t receive it for about a week and a half. In the meantime, is there anyone who can guide me on to bypass the code I heard its possible.

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2025-11-21 13:53

    Post a photo of the panel in the upper corner of the cab please. Also a machine Serial Number would help. To the best of my knowledge ET cannot be used to reset the display passcode if it is the one I am thinking about.

  2. #2roysti812025-11-21 13:59

    SN: DY903357

  3. #3roysti812025-11-21 14:10

    SN: DY903357

  4. #4Nige2025-11-21 14:41

    You have the Advanced Display. I was thinking you had one of the earlier security-enabled display panel options. Unfortunately with your particular display panel you will need either a Master Code or an Operator Code and AFAIK even ET will not permit a reset of either of those parameters. To the best of my knowledge it's a dealer job because it will require the use of Factory Passwords.

  5. #5roysti812025-11-21 15:22

    Ok Thanks

  6. #6stefuel2025-11-22 20:51

    Any chance of contacting the previous owner?

  7. #7Nige2025-11-23 04:40

    How about a bit more of the back story regarding how the Operator Code came to be "missing".?

  8. #8stefuel2025-11-26 11:42

    ****CRICKETS****

  9. #9Tyler d4c2025-11-26 16:08

    It does take a factory password..... This seems fishishy