Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat A300 wheel speed sensor

barnbuilder ยท 2025-11-20 19:26

Can anyone tell me where they are located. Trying to resolve a 38-16 code.

Replies4
  1. #1JBrady2025-11-24 12:47

    Item #13 in the pic:

  2. #2JBrady2025-11-24 12:48

    I don't know about the A300, but on my S250 they (speed sensors) are disconnected. Something like a later software revision made them not necessary.

  3. #3barnbuilder2025-11-26 16:31

    On the right side there is not a sensor. I removed the left sensor and the plug had a lot of crud in it. Cleaned it out and put it back together and it worked for a minute then through the code. Which it does this sometimes anyway. Do the newer style joysticks use a different controller?

  4. #4JBrady2025-12-01 10:06

    Not that I know of. If your joystick base is round and fits into the square metal box like in the picture above, there is a new part number, but nothing really changes. My S250 had joystick 6689920 on the left side and it just went out and I had to replace it with 6697904, which is the same except the pin connection is different and you have to either change that or buy the little adapter to make it all work.