John Deere Serial # 1T0332GMLNF414351 2022 Model with 315 Hours Been having some problems to get my unit temperature to run hotter. It runs at 159-165 F on a minus 20 Celsius day cleaning snow for 5-10 hours. Have put cardboard on both side panels but wont climb in temperature unless it is closer to 0C. Wondering if the thermostat is stuck partially open or what. Talked to service about it but didnt get any info. Don't know what temperature the thermostat is suppose to open at. Unit is running usually in 2 speed at 90 % throttle. The fan runs all the time. Was going to try blocking the vents on top of the rear top opening lid. Maybe mg2361 has seen this problem or someone else will know why it runs so cool. Any insight from a dealer tech. is welcome. Simon C
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the thermostat in that machine is rated for 177-183*F (81-84*C). Unfortunately, our Parts Expert program does not list that thermostat and the temp rating . Most "G" machines I work on seldom get over 170* unless they are working really hard. I think that is because of the High Flow hydraulics, so there is actually some overcapacity to the cooling system. The dealer parts department should be able to look at it and get the temp rating off the stamping. I'll look tomorrow in our parts dept to see if we have one to look at and I'll post it.
MG, MG, He's our man...............If he cant fix it, NO ONE CAN!! Thats my cheer for the year.
Last night also a plugged filter icon came up on the display. It was minus 20C and there was fine snow blowing in the air. I have been checking filters for 40 years and there was nothing to speak of on the filter. Was wondering if fine snow could of been getting sucked into the housing and by the time I raised the boom., pulled the side cover and took the filter out , if the snow was suddenly melted. There was no snow in the housing. You could not see any snow on filter but maybe it was melted by the time I pulled it out. could not feel moisture as the screen covers the paper. I am leaning toward a faulty air intake sensor on the end of the housing. Any thoughts! I will be putting an additional cardbord over the top engine hood today and watching the temperature closely. Maybe that is all that I can do. Thanks mg2361 for your input. Simon C
Snow build up on the precleaner inlet?
No snow build up or water drops in air filter housing, no snow on pre-cleaner. Think that the sensor was acting up. Will phone service on Monday to give them the code and to see if they have had problems with them. Will be testing out unit this afternoon again. Simon C
Ran 7 hours with the top engine hood covered with cardboard today. Minus 25C and wind . The engine ran 159/161 F. or so up to 167/168 F. then in 15 to 20 secs., the temperature would drop back to 160F, or so. It obviously was the thermostat kicking on and off. Maybe its as warm as it will get in this cold. The hydraulic oil was a constant 112 to 119F. There are 2 more little vents on the sides of the engine side covers, that I may try blocking and watching the temperature. carefully. The extra cardboard today seemed to have helped some. I have them fixed up so I can remove in 30 Seconds if it starts to get warm. Did not get the air filter indicator icon on the display today. Unit ran well. Will keep you posted. Simon C
Hmmm, the visions of you in a short skirt with pom-poms.....
At that temp, I would be happy with 160*F on the engine. BRrrrr
Ran unit about 6 hours today. On the right side engine cover at the front bottom right there is another vent hole that I covered with a cardboard today before snow cleaning. Got up to 170 F., out of it and dropping to 161 F when the thermostat was opening up. Unit ran very good with my carry style snow bucket modification. Was working very well. Simon C