210le no reverse and quote to repair is insane .
Probably should post the serial #. That can help figure out what ya got. So has somebody looked at and decided that the transmission has to be replaced? What happens when you go to reverse? Motor rpms go up? Brake light on?
Yes dealership they quoted me $ 17000 And they also said a guy down the road from them was interested in buying it if we wanted to sell it they said reverse hyd pump went out .it will drive forward nothing in reverse said electronics are fine
Any help would be appreciated I bought 210le for $12000 I’ve had to replace fuel pump and injectors other than that it’s been a great piece of equipment . I just do not see how a transmission costs $ 17000
That machine has a ZF transmission in it. There are two different ones it might have, a sync/shuttle or a Powershift. There is not a reverse pump per say. There is a transmission charge pump. There is a reverse clutch pack. That transmission is usually repairable for much cheaper than the cost of a reman, but it's some work and pretty technical. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc...xPRyw3MjQ1NTpFUVVJUE1FTlQsMzU0NjQ6Q0hBUFRFUl0 In the thread below I take apart the synchro/shuttle version of the transmission. HeavyEquipmentForums
Sounds like they are quoting you for a reman transmission plus labor to install it. If you want to tackle the install yourself then call this outfit and get a price. https://oemreplaceme.com/
Last time I checked with JD the reman was $14,000. So, that looks about right for a R&R with a reman with a "good core". I suspect a new 210LE style JD tractor would be approaching $100K. So, yes, these parts are very expensive. Also, there might be an independent tractor shop near you that would build the existing transmission.
The outfit I mentioned above will rebuild them as well. Obviously you have to ship it to them. They have a fairly fast turnaround time. Like JL said, google search ZF transmission dealers. There might be one close to you.
Thankyou for all the info guys .
What did you end up doing?
Great information in this thread. Thanks JL and MG. I'm curious on the outcome of the 210. Best of luck.
I got on 210 le decided to see if I put it in reverse kept pinned throttle let off and all of a sudden it went in reverse. Been working ever since then . Crazy how that works