Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Do JD 710B and 310B backhoe buckets interchange?

Scout_1969 · 2021-06-06 17:47

Part number AT158374 is stamped on bucket. Cant find that number or pins diameters or lengths on Deere’s site, to see if they interchange. Buckets don’t appear to have the same part numbers. The 710’s are beasts I know, but I’m told the backhoe buckets interchange. Plan to call Deere this week, if no other luck

Replies6
  1. #1T-town2021-06-06 19:50

    Not sure of that.... but the used buckets I just picked up for my 310b came of a 310d. 1 3/4 inch dipper pin and 1 1/2 bucket pin... j

  2. #2Scout_19692021-06-06 22:10

    Good to know, if I can find a D series 18” bucket it will fit my B series

  3. #3T-town2021-06-07 20:45

    Yeah... this was a private sale.. I just had em measure the distance on the pin bosses and the pin dia. and all was well compared to my bucket.

  4. #4Jimbo2021-06-10 17:00

    Not even close.....The pin diameter on a 710B,C,or D is 65mm The pin size on a 310 or 410 is substancially smaller, my guess would be around 50mm or so The 710 series are nothing short of a rubber tired excavator, weighing in nearly 5 tons more than a 310 As a side note, 710B,C,D loader backhoe buckets will swap with a 120 size excavator bucet, without quick tach(the pin spread is different)

  5. #5Scout_19692021-06-10 18:58

    Thanks for confirming and the information. They measured the holes and the dipper pin hole is 1.75” ID and the curl cylinder hole is 1.5” ID, so it will fit my 310B.

  6. #6AzIron2021-06-10 23:04

    Your 310 will just lay down on you and be very unproductive with a 710 bucket they are physically twice the size