Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

216 cat hydraulic problems

Dermestidlacy ยท 2014-08-30 11:25

Hello this is my first post here so goes I have a 216 cat skid steer that blew a hydraulic line and caught fire. I got the fire out pretty quick but the lines from the left joystick were toast. After replacing all 6 hoses and filling it back up with fluid upon starting it only wants to go backwards but only one side at a time and once it gets started going I have to engauge the park brake to stop it any sugestions to what's problem is would be much appreciated thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2014-08-30 15:01

    First guess, you got a couple hoses switched around on the joystick?

  2. #2Dermestidlacy2014-09-02 19:07

    Thanks lantraxco, I switched two hoses around and it's doing great. thanks again and have a great day

  3. #3shift222014-11-11 20:47

    HI, I removed my LH joystick to replace the O-rings and now I have the same issue. If you have time can you tell me what color hose goes where? Here is what I have wrote down. Maybe I got something wrong. Thanks for the help.

  4. #4Dermestidlacy2014-11-13 02:20

    Shift22 i looked at mine this afternoon but I had my hoses made and they r not color coded so I am not much help but if it is doing what mine was I'm sure u have something crossed up just keep trying with mine I finally found my diagram and switched the hoses and bingo run like a champ sorry I can't help more