Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

259 D3 hydraulic line exit to UC

Cpaine · 2019-12-06 10:00

Stopped by the cat dealer today for some grease and coolant to install a new block heater. While there I took a quick look at a new 259D3 and noticed that the lines coming out of the body to the undercarriage drive motors have been updated with a nice seal to keep all the crap out. Not sure if any of you have a new D3 but I would like to see if maybe my older 2014 259 can be retrofitted with this seal. I really hate all the dirt and junk that builds up from where the hydraulic lines exit the body. https://photos.app.goo.gl/rGT1fgjwcU8JSHHdA

Replies10
  1. #192U 34062019-12-06 10:16

    Hopefully it prevents the lines from chaffing thru on the frame. That old design was a complete fail IMO.

  2. #2John C.2019-12-06 11:49

    That looks nice but what strikes me right off are those soft headed body bolts. Just a little bit of wear and corrosion and you have a heck of a time getting them out.

  3. #3Nige2019-12-06 13:17

    Post a Serial Number and I'll take a look at what updates are available.

  4. #4Cpaine2019-12-06 13:50

    We need a way to donate $ for a beer (or whatever you’re into) fund! FTL01098

  5. #5Nige2019-12-06 14:41

    Not when you hear the price you won't..!! The upgrade is available for MTL-prefix machines. Description is - "Installing the 528-0150 Clamp Kit (Hydrostatic) for 259D Compact Track Loaders" The Special Instruction containing the installation instructions is M0080208. PM me with your email address if you'd like a copy. Price - $2400 or thereabouts.

  6. #6Cpaine2019-12-06 20:06

    WOW Is that an installed by dealer price? I hope so!

  7. #7Nige2019-12-07 04:32

    No, that's the price to buy the kit from the dealer Parts Counter. "Some home assembly may be required" (© IKEA) Everything may become clearer when you see how much work is involved in the installation of the kit and how much it contains in the way of parts.

  8. #8Cpaine2019-12-12 22:28

    Thanks again Nige. I don’t thing it would be worth the upgrade cost unless I have a reason to replace the hydro lines. Good info for sure.

  9. #9Cpaine2020-06-12 21:52

    Wishing I already did this today. Lost a line, right where is comes out of the frame!!!!

  10. #10f311fr12020-06-14 14:15

    On our 299D2 we wrapped the lines with a piece of carpet tile. Carpet side toward the lines, rubber backing toward the opening in the machine.