Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BobCat T-190 “Loss of power to control panel”

TUBMAN ยท 2019-12-06 09:12

Good day to All, I have a 2006 T-190. SN# 527717967 I bought it new. It has about 700 hours on it and was taken care of "well" for the most part. It has had it's issues, Drive sensor in rear drive motor replaced at my cost. And a few other minor non related things. I have taken it to Bobcat service several times to find out why the machine will suddenly lose power to the control panel and shut off. Once it is off I have to push the yellow run enter button about 10-30 times for the panel to stay on. I had the control panel replaced and it did not fix the issue. I had the joysticks replaced, it did not fix it either. There is one code that seems to be there most of the time DR-2, reading about this its not an error code. Bobcat service said they had fixed shorted wires but that was not the answer. It seems as it can shut of just by sitting running or using the machine at a very easy pace not jarring things in any manor. Bobcats answer is to replace the wire harness's (2) at $2700. This is not finding the problem just replacing parts and hope it fixes the issue. If any one has answers or? Thanks in advance. PW

Replies3
  1. #1JBrady2019-12-09 15:28

    I have had that happen one time on my S250. Was driving from point A to Point B and it just stopped dead in its tracks, or wheels actually. Immediately started back up and haven't had the problem since. It's probably going to be a wire that is partially broken and has continuity most of the time. My dad's T300 had a similar issue after sitting at a job site for a few weeks. Turns out a mouse or rat had chewed a wire right next to a multi-plug connector. It was quite a chore soldering it back together. Did you replace both sides of the control panel? I'd check the wiring between the left and right panel.

  2. #2TUBMAN2019-12-09 15:36

    Thanks JBrady, There was a field mouse that had gotten into the machine and ate some wires. It was many years ago like 7. The issue has been going on for about 8 months. I guess I have to trace some more wires. The left panel was not replaced.

  3. #3JBrady2019-12-12 15:38

    If I recall on my dad's T300 mouse issue, there was an alarm code and then you could scroll through one of the screens on the right panel and he was able to determine which wires to look at from there. Working with the service manual, he was able to trace the wire back to where the mouse damage was. I don't know if your problem code has that kind of detail, but something to look at. Obviously, if you're not getting power to control panels, that's not going to work. When I got my S250, it was a keyed machine and I upgraded it to the keyless control panel. As I was changing it out, I recall thinking that the wires between the left and right panels were not very protected around the headlight cutouts. You might have a wire there that has rubbed against some metal. Best of luck, replacing both wiring harnesses would be my last option.