I just bought a older 277 for an extra machine and as we are cleaning it up we can't seem to locate the air conditioner pump. No loose hoses hanging around. Where do the run it from? I kind of feel stupid asking but myself and a mechanic buddy of mine has looked everywhere and can't find it.
It might be under the seat. Driven by a hyd moter. Your serial number would help. Some folks in here have the cat sis parts store.
Maybe it hasn't even got one..? Post a Serial Number and I can tell you easily if it had an A/C fitted when it left the factory.
if is fitted it is hydraulically driven and under the floor
Serial number is mdh02379. I know it has air because of the dryer and things we can see. We just looked everywhere that was reasonable and couldn't find it. I've never dealt with a cat skidloader and know nothing about them.
Sorry your OP wasn't 100% clear that you'd already located most of the components of the A/C system except the compressor. It certainly left the factory in 2005 with an A/C installed. As Mark posted above the compressor is located under the floor plate.
The only three issues I've had with mine are: A) the failure of one condenser fan (which usually goes unnoticed) ii) failure of the heater knob valve (o-ring on butterfly flap fails, heat stays on) 3) airflow restriction due to dirt bypassing filter assemblies.
When I bought this machine it hadn't had the best of care. You couldn't hardly see the battery for dirt piled up. When we had the cab up washing it last week the dirt was half way up on the hydrostats, this is why we couldn't find out how the air conditioner worked. Tracks are as wore out as any I've ever seen, cords hanging out everywhere.