Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

277b oil light

brabe ยท 2013-05-19 22:47

My oil light on my 277b flashes occasionally especially at idle but squally goes away when I increase te rpm. However, lately it has been getting worse. I want to chech the oil pressure sensor with a mechanical guage but I'm not sure wher it's even at. Any questions or advice? I just changed the oil an I found no fuel in the oil.

Replies8
  1. #12772013-05-28 22:05

    Your oil sending unit is bad. Easy fix. My 277 (not a B) did the same thing.

  2. #2Construct'O2013-05-29 08:47

    It might be as easy as your sending unit,but also might be slog getting on your oil pump screen.Might have to do more checking.Good luck.

  3. #3Nige2013-05-29 11:04

    It's not a sending unit in this case, it's a pressure switch. The Part Number is 327-0752 and it is located on the engine cylinder block right beside the engine oil filter. There should be 2 wires in the machine wiring harness going to the switch that are #405 Grey (feed) & #200 Black (ground).

  4. #4Steve Frazier2013-05-29 22:54

    Is this the Perkins engine?

  5. #52772013-05-31 08:05

    It would be nice to hear from the original poster if the problem has been resolved.

  6. #6Nige2013-05-31 10:01

    OP has not been back on the forum since he made the post on the 19th. Personally I'm not happy when OP's don't give feedback on how a problem was finally solved because the solution could easily help others who are confronted with the same issue.

  7. #72772013-05-31 11:08

    I totally agree! I have everything come to my cell phone directly, as I'm sure others do also.

  8. #8powerjoke2013-05-31 11:32

    Maybe he's been busy putting bearings in the motor and hasn't had time to make a post......you can't get mad at him for not posting, he probably forgot about making the post in the first place.....it did take 9 days for anyone to help him resolve the issue to start with Pj