Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2800 Link Belt

D3DaveC ยท 2010-11-14 10:59

A friend of mine has an 8200 Link Belt and is looking for an undercarriage. Maybe a complete machine for parts or to use his for parts. His is a 94 model year, made just before some kind of quad(I think) change. How common are these machines?

Replies8
  1. #1finaldrive2010-11-14 11:12

    If it's a 1994 then it should be an LS-2800C-II It was the predecessor to the "Quantum" series. That's what the 2800Q is. It's the the same machine as a Case 9020 (except the engine) They weren't too popular..hard to be popular in the 20 ton market if your brand isn't Cat, Hitachi, Deere or Komatsu. Especially in that year range. What do you mean he is looking for an undercarriage? He wants a complete lower? Finding one for parts isn't too difficult, but you're going to be buying a 16 year old undercarriage. Is their something specific he wants? I'm sure we can give you some good advice on finding parts if we know what you need.

  2. #2D3DaveC2010-11-14 13:17

    Yes he said it was just before the Quantum series. I'll talk with him tonight and find out exactly what he needs. Thanks

  3. #3D3DaveC2010-11-15 22:07

    He doesn't know what to do. His machine has 22000 hours and he has done very little to it, never touched the motor or pumps. He needs chains, rollers and sprockets but is it worth putting it into this machine. He could use a swing motor as well. If he could find a good parts machine it would keep him going. He is 65 years old this month and can get a lot of work for his excavator or just work for someone else and get a good wage. At his age he doesn't want to invest any large money.

  4. #4finaldrive2010-11-17 21:26

    A good parts machine will set him back around 10k All the parts you named can be purchased for less.

  5. #5D3DaveC2012-03-18 15:05

    I've decided to buy an excavator myself and have my neighbor run it. I'm looking for something similiar to his Linkbelt 2800 series 2. Would the 9020B Case also be similiar? I'm told a Case CX210 is also similiar. Thanks

  6. #6cjplanthire2012-03-18 18:52

    9020 9021 cx210 are the same as link belt so is a sunitomo sh200 or sh210 not bad machines reliable and easy on fuel

  7. #7excavator222012-03-23 00:11

    The Link Belt 2800 is similar to the LB 210 and the Case 9020 is similar to the Case 160, LB 160, older LS-2700 and 2700Q. LB 2800--45,300lbs LB 210--47,400lbs LB 160--37,700lbs LB 2700Q--35,240lbs Case 9020--35,274lbs Just look up machine specs online and it gives info like that.

  8. #8buddfalen2012-05-28 15:06

    Sorry, I do not know if this is the appropriate way to start a quesiton. I have an LS-2800 C II. The Systems Control Monitor is not working correctly. Mice chewed on the wires. The wires are fixed the monitor still does not work. I am told the problem could be in the monitor or in the computer under the seat. I would appreciate any thoughts regarding the likely problem and any thought about were to get the parts.