Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

289D doesn’t do anything when key turned to start it

Papalote · 2024-10-10 17:22

I used my loader Tuesday and parked it in the shop. I went to use it today and turned the key on. Everything was as usual. Punched in the code, fuel pump came on. Turned the key to start. Nothing happened. Warning light was flashing. Removed fuel filter and checked for water. Put filter back on an waited for it to prime. I cycled the key several times but it didn’t fill completely up. Checked air filters too. Cat 289D taw03183 I’m stumped. Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1B&B2024-10-11 19:33

    When you say nothing happened do you mean it did not crank at all or it cranked but did not start?

  2. #2Papalote2024-10-11 22:59

    Did nothing. Didn’t crank

  3. #3Simon C2024-10-11 23:44

    Is there power to the S-Terminal of starter, when you hold the key in start position. Is there 12.6 volts at battery and at Starter solenoid. Did you check the ground cable and poitive cable at battery. Is there a faulty disconnect switch by chance. Good start to check these areas first along with resettable breakers and fuses in fuse boxes. Simon C

  4. #4Simon C2024-10-13 19:16

    Are the safety switches working, power to S-Terminal of battery. Need to do some basics tests before the money trail starts. Simon C