Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

289D Fuel Sending Unit Issues

Brianc383 · 2025-07-10 21:57

SN TAW02381 This evening I went out to swap the bucket for the new Jenkins super duty tree puller and had (2) issues. 1st - The electric actuator went out on the coupler. Not uncommon and still determining next steps. 2nd - The fuel sending unit now will start with a full tank (which it has and can see) but falls to E, says "faulted" and shows full again repeating the cycle. Suggestions on what to check for this? Thanks, Brian

Replies3
  1. #1Brianc3832025-07-11 11:50

    Went out this morning to get data off the actuator and now the fuel sensor is working….

  2. #2Nige2025-07-11 12:10

    What Diagnostic Code did the sensor throw up when it faulted.? Something like 96-3 or 96-4 maybe.?

  3. #3Brianc3832025-07-11 14:48

    Nige - Expected that but no code what so ever. It “faulted” on the fuel level portion of the advanced display. I can see if there are inactive codes when I get home