Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299D XHP Help!!

dayleysequipment · 2024-05-06 17:28

I have a 2013 299D XHP compact track loader with an error code. The serial number is CAT0299DHJST00401 and the error is 358-5. It says "Implement Pilot Pressure Supply Solenoid Current Below Normal". I've attached both pictures below. Anybody know how to fix this? What should the ohms be on the solenoids? Is it the upper or lower hydraulics? Any help is appreciated!

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2024-05-06 17:41

    Here's the troubleshooting procedure. I'll send you a schematic as well. The solenoid coil should ohm out at 4.72 ± 0.24 ohms. The implement pilot is for the bucket lift/tilt circuits.

  2. #2dayleysequipment2024-05-06 17:43

    Thanks Nige! I'll check it out! I'll let you know what I find out. I appreciate it!

  3. #3Nige2024-05-06 17:43

    Check your messages for the schematic.

  4. #4dayleysequipment2024-05-06 21:41

    Thanks Nige! Found out it was a bad solenoid. The electrical schematic did the trick of finding it, then the troubleshooting found it was a bad coil! Thanks!

  5. #5Nige2024-05-06 22:08

    I never looked but is the coil sold as a separate item on that solenoid valve.? A lot cheaper than having to shell out for a complete valve.

  6. #6dayleysequipment2024-05-06 22:17

    Unfortunately, you have to buy the whole valve, but the good news is that it was only $72. Which is cheap for Cat standards!

  7. #7Nige2024-05-06 22:44

    Not a bad price at all. I just looked it up and no serviceable parts but either way a good-ish deal.