Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299d2 losing coolant

ColdBlackWind · 2025-12-21 13:21

Haven’t popped the cab yet but I am losing significant amounts of coolant. No blown head gasket. Nothing in the oil. I suspect something in lines to and from heater. Before I dive in just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue? Fittings? Hoses? No real puddle under it so I suspect dumping out in the belly pan. I will post anything I find when I down it.

Replies1
  1. #1ColdBlackWind2025-12-23 17:00

    Got a chance to dig in today. Raised the cab and found the leak. One of the fittings to what am assuming is a well heater for the DEF reservoir had popped off. Kind of a lightweight arrangement at best. The entire sending unit arrangement was also loose. I pushed the fitting for the coolant back in and it seemed secure. I think I will go ahead and replace the fittings as I am concerned the clamp might be weak.