JSP02021 I've owned the machine for 3 or so years, and every 6 months to a year it will lose fuel supply. If I blow some air through the line supplying fuel to the filter from the tank, it dislodges whatever is clogging up the intake and I'm good to go for another 6 months to a year. A. Does the engine need to be pulled to remove tank? B. Any suggestions for cleaning tank/removing contaminates in place. Thank You.
Have you tried draining it and then power washing through the fuel filler neck.? There is a drain plug undeneath the tank. it is either central or in the left rear corner of the machine depending on model.
I have not, but will gladly do so. Thank you. What is your preferred method to remove the moisture from doing such? Safe to assume the answer to Question A is "Yes"?
I would first suggest to park the machine on an angle with the drain plug location being the lowest point of the tank before removing the plug. After the pressure washing process leave the tank to drain as much as possible then pipe a hot air blower of some sort into the filler neck and let 'er rip for a few hours. That should do it. It would also help if the machine was inside some sort of heated space. TBH you will have far less problems with any accumulated water left in the tank than you will with sediment. The water will be sucked up and land in the bottom of the water separator at which point you can simply open the valve and drain it. Just get into the habit of doing that regularly until all evidence of water disappears, then do it monthly or so thereafter.
Thank you, Sir. Much appreciated. Merry Christmas.