Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299D2 XHP with tear shear wiring issue

Redonmyhead · 2020-05-09 22:05

Hello all. I live down at the Ozarks of Missouri. We have a family farm with plenty of trees to clip. I recently bought a telescoping tree shear (teleclipper) from Precision Manufacturing. It's not a high flow attachment. For the attachment, it has deutsch male end connecters. I bought a wiring harness that goes with the attachment. The wiring harness has a 14pin plug with Y deutsch connectors at the other end. My cat serial is DX2. This is implement can run wireless, and it works. But I rather use the joysticks instead of fooling with a wireless flimsy remote. On the wiring harness that I bought, one deutsch connector has an orange and black wire going into it. The other has a blue and red wire. At the other end of the cable, three wires are present: red, black, and orange. Where do these cables go within the 14pin deutsch plug? My goal was to use the left hand control (Aux 5, 6, 7) to sync with the attachment (assuming that is wiring scheme of the three wires). When it comes to wiring, I'm clueless, unfortunately. I tried watching Skid Steer Genius videos on youtube, and I still cannot figure it out. I tried researching on the forums, but no luck. I contacted the place where I bought the implement and they said to contact CAT. I was going to call them Friday, but I got called in for work. I figured I would try for some advice here. When looking at the manual for the DX2, I plugged one wire to pin E on the Deutsch plug (aux 5). I plugged another wire to pin F (Aux 6). Last wire plugged into A (Aux 7). Is this incorrect? I"m assuming not. If anyone has some advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, John

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2020-05-09 23:11

    A is LH joystick trigger 12v (7) (must be switched out of rabbit to enable (7), at least on my 262D3 B is Ground C RH stick lower 12v (3) D RH stick upper 12v (4) E LH stick lower 12v (5) F LH stick upper 12v (6)

  2. #2Nige2020-05-10 14:48

    I’ll send you a copy of the electrical schematic for your machine. That might likely help you. EDIT: Is the S/N above or below 01336..? Different electrical schematic depending on if it's an early or later machine.

  3. #3Redonmyhead2020-05-10 17:39

    Thanks for the replies. Nige, last 5 of the serial is 04920. Here's a pic of the original tree shear connectors. Below is a pic of the wire harness that I purchased from the company. I'm assuming black is ground from reviewing Heymccall reply. At the plug, connect black wire pin to B. Red and the orange...... E and F.... Thanks again, Red

  4. #4ozarkag2020-05-21 10:35

    Did you get it working? We do a lot of skid-steer electrical, and have built custom control boxes for Cat machines, as well as use skidsteergenius products. If you need local help let us know! I

  5. #5Redonmyhead2020-05-22 21:42

    I got it fixed. Just had to figure which one was ground, which was black. Plugged the other two wires to E and F to operate LH joystick Aux 5 and 6. Works like a charm. Time to butcher some honey locust tree. And then spray.