Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3/4 drive impact deep socket set

cosmaar1 · 2021-12-27 18:04

Hello folks. About a year ago I purchased a 3/4 drive impact deep socket set from 1 - 1-1/2 inch. I have a few projects that are going to require me to have the remainder of the set from 1-9/16 to 2. All I’m finding currently is a whole set from 7/8 to 2”. Don’t they make what I’m looking for without having to buy the whole thing again? I’ve looked at Tekton, Sunex, and a few other brands and can’t seem to find them without buying individually. Thanks!

Replies16
  1. #1Mike L2021-12-27 19:30

    Try grey pneumatic

  2. #2terex herder2021-12-27 19:38

    I don't know what you are working on but there are probably only a couple of sizes you need. Try fleabay. I have many larger sizes I've owned for 20-40 years that have never been used.

  3. #3cosmaar12021-12-27 20:00

    The one I need at the moment is 1 13/16, but I’m the type of person that needs a complete set to make my brain function properly.

  4. #4funwithfuel2021-12-27 20:11

    That's gonna be a tough find. I think you're gonna have to piece it out 1x1. As mentioned grey pneumatic is a better < snap-on/mac brand with very good quality. Been trying to break mine for over a decade.

  5. #5cosmaar12021-12-27 20:17

    It’s just funny they sell the first part of 1-2 inch but not the second half. Go figure!

  6. #6CaseFan132021-12-27 20:19

    Cornwell makes a set from 1 9/16” to 2” in their BluePower line which is imported but still lifetime warranty. $360 for the set.

  7. #7Zewnten2021-12-27 21:14

    Used proto/williams/wright/armstrong on ebay is what I do. or you can try steelman? tools they had individual sockets for decent prices.

  8. #8JLarson2021-12-27 22:06

    We just buy singles after 1 1/2" too. Usually Grey, Proto, Williams or Wright

  9. #9cosmaar12021-12-27 22:55

    I appreciate y’all’s input. I’ve spent another hour looking on eBay, Amazon, etc. Still can’t find a set that I want, but I’m going to do what some of you have said and buy singles as I need them. Who knows what the old backhoe has, but I’ll find out eventually

  10. #10stinky642021-12-28 16:04

    Last shop I worked, the larger "shop sockets" were NAPA brand NPT impacts available individually from napa, not too pricey and hold up very well with lifetime warranty.. If you need to warranty just walk into NAPA and swap it out,,.check em out....

  11. #11heymccall2021-12-28 18:14

    Only took a few minnows to find them. WS-16-7H

  12. #12cosmaar12021-12-28 18:40

    Appreciate the post. I probably overlooked it because of the price. My first set was only $70 and was looking for something around $100 again. thanks!

  13. #13terex herder2021-12-28 19:13

    That price is pretty good for USA. Williams makes good tools.

  14. #14JD955SC2021-12-28 19:57

    Sunex and Grey Pnuematic are best value for dollar by far.

  15. #15Muffler Bearing2021-12-30 10:38

    "I’m the type of person that needs a complete set to make my brain function properly. " That's funny, I've created my sets out of what I've needed that day, like allen sockets and torx and bigger sockets

  16. #16heymccall2021-12-30 14:14

    I may have to get a set...if only I can organize them like I do my wrenches I already have the IR set from 1" to 1.5".