Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

301.8c won’t crank

Ryan1967 · 2025-03-18 18:25

Good afternoon, I have a 301.8C that was running perfectly well. It sat for a week and since it will not start or crank. I can’t find any repair manuals or even starter solenoid location. Turn the key, lift pump I can hear but no cranking of the starter Any ideas.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-03-18 19:33

    If you post a Serial number you are welcome to an electrical schematic. Are the last 8 characters JSBxxxxx by any chance.?

  2. #2Ryan19672025-03-20 18:49

    JSB07765 I can’t even find where the starter solenoid is located . It ran fine when I parked it in the fall now nothing ,

  3. #3Nige2025-03-20 19:27

    The starter solenoid is shown as being part of the starter. Not available separately. The starter relay is in the relay panel. See attached, Ref 10C. Check your message inbox for a schematic.