Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

303.5E CR tips for replacing vbelts?

PJM ยท 2024-07-15 01:54

Is it possible to replace the vbelts without taking off the a/c, hydraulic oil cooler, fan and radiator? I couldn't find the detailed instructions in my service manual how to do that and it seems more complicated than I'm up for. Quite an ordeal for these belts. I watched some youtubes, but they are bigger machines with more room. I can get my arm and tools in there. I tightened it a while back, but now it needs replacing. Do I need to put the A/C belt back on if the A/C doesn't work anyway? That one doesn't have a tensioner and might be too difficult. Serial is RKY1-up

Replies2
  1. #1PlumberRob2024-07-15 08:40

    This video is for a 305 but it might be a similar setup and might help with some tricks to change the belts. My employees changed the belts in the field on our 305.5, they said it was a real pain in the a**. They did most of the work from the bottom side access panel. Good luck

  2. #2PJM2024-07-15 13:37

    Tristar took a bunch of body panels off to change the belts on his 308 too. I'll check the bottom side panel. Good tip! Thank you. I think it's just gonna be a pita yeah. Here's the Tristar Diggin' belt change