Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

310 SJ capacity

bpogue ยท 2010-05-18 13:34

I've got a bunch of precast concrete blocks to get hauled. They are supposed to weigh about 4300 pounds each and I have 120 to haul. My question is, will at Deere 310 SJ be able to get them off a lowboy using the front loader? I have two tractor trailers to haul and a crane to load with.

Replies4
  1. #1backhoe402010-05-19 20:20

    Should handle them just fine.

  2. #2mitch5042010-05-19 23:41

    I would give a qualified yes depending how big they are. Where the load center hits (how far out the middle of the load is) will determine how well it handles them. If it is rigged right the loader can lift 7400 lbs to full height. The hoe will not do it.

  3. #3bpogue2010-05-20 20:52

    Thanks Thank you both for your help. Yes it worked fine. We hauled 127 blocks in right at 8 hours today. The hydraulics were plenty strong, but the stability was a little iffy at times.

  4. #4mitch5042010-05-21 03:12

    you're welcome:drinkup by the way what were you using them for? I haul them to the port and put them on a barge with a crane, then put a backhoe on. A tugboat takes us to sea and we push them off with the backhoe to make artificial reefs, but I don't guess you do that in missouri.