Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 555D Transmission Problems

Southernfly ยท 2010-05-18 18:12

I've got a 555D that won't operate in forward or reverse. It started as an intermittent problem and I could normally get it into gear by moving the loader bucket. Then it finally quit. Anyone had similar problems? Any ideas? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1carogator2010-05-18 19:47

    Filter? Oil level? Bent linkages? need more info.

  2. #2Southernfly2010-05-18 20:07

    I haven't looked at the filter. It doesn't appear to be leaking but I didn't take it off to see if there was any contamination. The oil level is full. I haven't check the linkages. Because the problem was off and on and could be corrected by wiggling the control lever for the bucket I thought it might be an electrical issue with the clutch disconnect switch. I tried to bypass the switch and still couldn't get it into gear. The Ford service manual has you check all the electrical connections first so thats where I started. I didn't have time to get through all the troubleshooting but I was hoping someone might know if this is a common problem.

  3. #3Matthew2011-09-14 20:21

    so did you ever have any luck with your problem, as I am now having the same with my 555

  4. #41080 bobcat2011-09-14 23:58

    it may be the trans shiftter control i seen them go bad and cause that problem

  5. #5Matthew2011-10-05 22:10

    ill look in that direction... thank you. The stalling only happens when I run the loader end, I can hoe all day with no problems