So today I was moving snow with the 310D and I felt the loader control turn about an inch clockwise away from me. The loader still works, but now the dumping position barely moves the bucket. Any ideas as to what’s wrong? Common problem?
Did you turn the control back to where it was? Wondering if it could be part of the return to dig operation that automatically levels the bucket. If it was stuck in the return to dig could stop normal operation.
I tried to turn it back to where it was. But I couldn’t move it. Maybe a jam nut came loose?
What’s the machine serial # ? There are 2 slightly different linkage arrangements for the bucket return to dig and self leveling.
T0310DA778844. I still get full movement out of the bucket. It just takes it about 5x as long to go to a full dump.
The way you initially described the issue it sounds like a control linkage issue to me. Try disconnecting rod #11 (where ever it is easiest) and see if it helps. See parts screenshot below.
Would that cause the control lever not to move all the way to the right? It still moves all the way to the left, but barely can be pushed to the right. That’s why I thought maybe when the lever turned something just came out of alignment.
Disconnected the return to dig rod. Didn’t help.
Is the control valve be stuck?
Disconnect the yoke from the control valve. If the lever now moves, the issue is in the control valve. if it is still difficult, it is in the linkage. If in the linkage, look for a seized bellcrank pictured below. If the bellcrank is not seized, then check the Heim joints (items 23 and 25) for seizure.
Okay thanks. I’ll do what you say and report back. But I’m still wondering if this is tied to the loader control lever moving. Sorry I don’t know much about these machines. If it was a lawn mower I’d be able to figure it out, but I’ve never dealt with anything this big.
Not sure yet.
I don’t have the right pair of pliers to remove the cotter pin in the yoke. I’ll have to go to the hardware store.
Verified that it’s not the control valve. Now I need to figure out what linkage it is in.