Hello forum, I work on a 310sj and twice (yesterday and today) while driving in 4th at approx 2400 rpm, the machine has come to abrupt stop. I'm a little concerned because both times there has been no warning and luckily traffic behind me was far behind or almost non existent. Any idea what might be the cause, electrical sensor, hydraulic etc...? Thanks. P.S. I'm sure the owner will rectify the problem, I'm just quite curious as to the cause.
Does the engine die, do the brakes lock up, are there any indications of change in the gauges or lights, etc.? Any odd noises?
Sorry, guess I could have provided a bit more details. The engine is still running and it seems that the brakes do not lock-up because it makes a sound like if you were to shift from 4F to 1F. All gauges are good to go except that there is the diagnostic code indicator light but when you scroll to the codes, there's none. As for the noises, nothing except for the noise that comes with gearing down.
I've come across this problem once before, on a Cat 963 track loader. It's almost identical, after working it or roading it for a bit it just simply powered right down (read, came to an abrupt halt) and you couldn't move it without restarting it. Same as now with the 310sj.
So... if you put it in neutral, then shift it back into gear, will it drive normally for a while? Or do you have to actually power down and restart?
Have to power down and restart.
Just an update. A sensor was replaced, all good for now (fingers crossed).
Thanks for the update. All too often members send a lot of time helping those who need it and we never know if the problem was fixed or what it had taken to get the repair done.
No worries, I thought it would be the polite thing to do. I'm going to find out the exact one, just in case someone has the same problem.