We have a 311Cu which seems to operate with no issue 75% of the time everything works fine the auto throttle works with no issue. Every so often the throttle dies back to just an idle and nothing works everything is slow. The key doesn’t turn it off and neither does the isolator. The only way to turn it off is manually pulling the throttle cable. It seems to be intermittent and is very frustrating don’t want to sell the machine but don’t want to spend lots following around electrical gremlins either. Thanks
S/N is helpful. Since you can shut it off manually I’m going to assume it is a mechanical engine with the governor control that receives electronic signal from the throttle knob through a controller and moves cables to give desired throttle position....since its intermittent I’m going to say it’s not a cable and that it’s electronic. You can try using the monitor to run through the calibration process as wear in the pump may have it just enough off it won’t give the right throttle position or shutoff travel. It can be in the governor control or the controller. I’ve run into issue with both. With a S/N we can provide the info to troubleshoot. On that machine the controller could be in the cab by the seat, in the middle by the swing motor or in a cabinet by the air filter. Either way you’re looking for an aluminum box about the size of a book with a couple LED lights on it. If it’s crusty and corroded that could be the culprit. Troubleshooting procedure will tell the tale. It’s mostly checking continuity in circuits to rule out harness issues and narrow down to controller or the control.
Sorry the is S/N CAT0311CTPAD00437
I fear it is electrical trying to figure out whether it’s the governor control module or something coming from the main ecm causing it to suddenly drop out without warning.
Hi, Check the colour of led on the controller and it should be green in colour. And check the monitor whether it shows controller alert indication on it. If you know how to enter the machine's calibration mode do the governor calibration again and see whether it happens again. If problem happens again, As senior member said i also think culprit may be the main controller or governor control( electronic governor actuator motor)
Unfortunately I have no form of screw just a simple set of analog dials and warning lights, I see that it has had a control cable replaced in the past might have to bite the bullet and go with a new controller as it’s costing a fortune tracing wires.
CAT0311CTPAD Is my serial number, if you had the troubleshoot information for this problem on this machine it would be so handy as we it’s very hard to find information on this machine. I have a new controller 247-5206 part number I am hoping this resolves the problem.
If it had a control cable replaced in the past the chances are no-one did the required adjustment/setting procedure when the new cable was installed. That's where I'd be starting TBH. A new controller won't solve a problem that relates to an incorrectly adjusted cable. I'm assuming you don't have the electrical schematic so here it is also.
That’s a good point I’ll looking into that, it’s seems to be a strange fault as sometimes it will happen under full load and sometimes at standard load. Those electrical schematics will be a godsend thank you as the 311 seems to be a strange machine to find information on.
Not if you have the keys to the secret store cupboard... If you need anything else in the way of testing procedures or disassembly & assembly info please ask.
Hi Nige You wouldn’t have any information on fault code trouble shooting regarding the throttle controller would you. The last one that I saw was regarding voltage to the controller. Thanks in advance Much appreciated.
Sorry, I’m @ the beach at the moment and working off a phone. Try sending a PM to anuradha. (See above - he’s already posted). I’m sure he has the info you’re looking for.