Hello I have a grey market machine that we are looking to plumb the joysticks for John Deere controls. The position of the four way selector valve under the floor as seen in the photo is currently cat and works normal. Moving the selector valve to the next position is almost correct for John Deere except the swing and stick are reversed. When we move the lines around on the block one half of each function is correct. I’m helping the old farmer with this so it takes some back and forth to get any further information. I have access to SIS and have found a few schematics for a CLA prefix but I am a truck and trailer mechanic so I could use some help to make sense of them. Thanks
You can use either CLA or DDW as an equivalent to the AKW-prefix grey market machine that you have for locating accurate technical information. Question: By any chance do the pilot lines between the joysticks and the main control valve have coloured rings at one (or both) ends of the hoses.? I'm not sure if this article applies to your machine but I'll upload it anyway. It may give you a few ideas.
Thanks I’ll take a look when I can there’s definitely colors and numbers Also I keep calling it John Deere controls is that what they call backhoe or is it the same as kobelco or komatsu or is Deere its own animal
From memory I think the pattern change valve switches between ISO and SAE patterns. Can you confirm that please.? To the best of my knowledge John Deere and Hitachi patterns should be the same as they were effectively the same company for decades - until recently that is. Describe what exactly you want each control to do.
Since this machine was designed only to be sold in the Japanese market there is a small possibility that the controls are neither ISO nor SAE. Do the two optional control patterns that you have on the machine using the pattern change valve correspond to the illustration of the SAE and ISO patterns above.? The possibility also exists that someone has messed with the pilot system previously.