Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

315 not shutting off

nickkendall ยท 2012-04-08 14:57

its a 99 315 and the key is not shutting it off i've read there is a solenoid that shuts them off would anyone have any pics? what is the best way to shut down?

Replies6
  1. #1nickkendall2012-04-08 19:29

    i got it figured out this thread can be deleted

  2. #2CRAFT2012-04-08 20:49

    So don't leave us hanging ............ What was it ??? ................... before you answer I'd bet it was the connecting rod from the solenoid to the fuel shut off shaft ... and the ball joint fell apart ............... LOL

  3. #3EZ TRBO2012-04-08 22:21

    Craft...I was betting the same thing. The 312 we used to own did the same thing a few times...or would at least stick. Trbo

  4. #4nickkendall2012-04-10 09:35

    it was the wire on the solenoid it had come loose i was lucky this time

  5. #5D&GExcavating2012-04-10 11:52

    We've had those shutdown solenoids go bad on our 320s. You just have to go back, open up the hood, and pull the throttle lever on the fuel pump all the way shut and she'll shut down that way until you can get a new one on there.

  6. #6gunite2012-04-11 02:37

    I might add that this same solenoid prevented my machine from starting and had to be replaced. I guess mine was getting stuck in the other direction.