I have a 99 315 that i want to change the pattern to cat style it has been changed by previous owner.. Cat dealer told me i have to change it manually by switching the hoses back but they could not tell me which ones i need to switch does anyone else have any experience with this? i took off the plate and can see where they all get connected under cab also where is a good place to get a service manual for this machine? what is the difference between service manual and parts manual?
Sorry I can't help you with that, Nick. But I would like to raise the question here, why in the world would anyone want the other control pattern on a trackhoe??? John Deere trackhoes used to come ***-backwards from the factory. I reckon that's how they were used, and some of those guys were very good with them. Deere later changed to the more common pattern. ASA, ISO, I dunno which is which, but like art, I know what I like and don't like. PS, I'd check around if I were you, despite what CAT said, for a changeover switch. They are now found on some smaller trackhoes and rubbertires.
I do. I agree. All the Cats I have ever owned (315CL, 321CLCR, 325DL) and rented have had pattern changers, located on the left hand side of the cab side access doors, behind the cab - except for the 321, it was under the floor mat. PS - The ISO/SAE, Excavator/backhoe control debate has been beat to death on the Forums...:cool2
I couldn't AGREE with you more CM !!! ...... I don't want to see another thread get out of hand again or even closed on account of STUPID comments about which pattern is better ! ..... THANK-YOU for bringing this to light before it's too late ...... Hey Nickkendall ....... you said it was under the cabs bottom skid plate, if that's what you ment ....... have a look at the colored bands on each pilot lines end, right where they couple at the centre bulk-head ftgs , all those pilot lines are connected there..............I'll bet that there are (4) four lines that do not match up ..... mark down the color combinations before you start making any changes ..... any how the ones that are mismatched are the four lines to be changed back ............. MATCH those colors up and you're done ! ...it's that easy..... ALL of the Cat excavators (done that way, where those pilot lines are located) come form the factory as the SAE/CAT control pattern, as the default pattern. On my 312 I went the ISO route and had to cross those four lines ......at a later date I wound up installing an electronic switching pattern changer and explored that coloring issue all over again and did not write down the combinations ....but in the end we figured it out ... now I have both options ..... Let us know how you make out ....Cheers
That's my job..
LOVE IT ! ...... when the Marshall is in town ! :notworthy ....LOL
Thanks for all the replies to i got cover off and looked and the color bands are all matched up so i guess it is not the cat pattern that i want so i want ISO like you said how did you go about figuring out which lines you wanted to swap? I looked in the door behind the cab and i have an electrical block with a key on the side but i do not see any pattern changer :/ I also have a slot that has several peaces of metal that have hinges in the middle what would these be for? does anyone have a good resource for manuals and diagrams?
I have used a Cat backhoe previously and like those controls and they were different then the cat excavator is it usually that way?
Those colored rings are also on the main valve bank where those pilot lines originate (beside the right side of the cab, kinda a little behind your right shoulder).... find which spools are for the boom cyl's and the stick cyl's ... there will be 2 colors for each main spool...eg. 2-colors for the stick functions and 2-colors for the boom functions ..... follow the main hyd lines from each cyl function back to the spool bank and match up to the pilot line colors to those main lines ...... you have to cross those 2 lines from the boom to the 2 lines from the stick and visa/versa (under the cab) If you never done this it'll take a little time to do but when you are looking at the main hyd hoses also note what each line does to each cly ...like extending and retracting .... Right now I think you are looking to have your left hand raise and lower the boom(and rotate the house) and the right hand crowd and extend the stick(with curl/uncurl the bucket) that would be the ISO/JD pattern. GOD I wish I knew where i have my color codes written done to help you out ..... CRAFT kicks in again ....can't remember a ****'n thing ..... I'll have a look tomorrow in the shop. As far as the shop/owners manual goes it's not in there ...... wait.....???????? .... maybe thats where I put those sketches ....I'll be back ....good luck
OK .... I found something here .... I was looking in the owners/operator/maintenance manual they have some diagrams that show each joystick diagram for SAE/cat...mhi...kob...ISO/JD...scm systems On the SAE/cat system they show: (left hand as) #1 forward-stick out ... #3 back-stick in .....#4 left-left swing ... #2 right-right swing ........... (right hand) #5 forward-boom down ... #7 back-boom up ..... #8 bucket-curl in ... #6 bucket-dump (curl out) On the ISO/jd system they show: (left hand as) #5 forward-boom dwn ... #7 back-boom up ..... #4&2 same #'s for swing .......... (right hand) #1 forward-stick out ... #3 back-stick in .....#8&6 same #'s for bucket SO you have to switch #1 and #5 positions ............... and ............... switch #3 and #7 positions ........... that is as per the books diagrams, but it does not show the corresponding colors to the numbers Check if you have a Green & Orange rings around the boom pilot lines ..... and Red & Blue rings for the stick pilot lines ..... at the main valve body ....... they may have the corresponding numbers on the colored rings too Start there and get back to me ................I'll check tomorrow for some diagrams with the matching colors ....... Cheers
My head won't stop spinning round and round...
You think this is BAD ! ......you should have a look at the KOB, MHI & SCM Patterns .............. At least with SAE vs ISO alls you are doing is switching hands ....LOL
well i got them switched over orange and blue got swapped and green and red i did some digging today and was getting kinda tipsy feeling when i was lifting full scoops up.. would a counterweight help keep me balanced better?
Nahh ! ..... just make sure you are sitting squarely on the ground and the machine isn't rocking around ..... if one corner of the machine is lower or higher just back up and add alittle fill where it's out .....you'll be fine once you get used to the machines characteristics ....... SO ???? .... did you make a drawing of the switches ?? .... which ones went where ?? ... cause I still haven't found mine yet .....LOL Makes a differance when you're running a machine that feels like home ...... doesn't it ? ...... congrats on success !
those plates you found behind the cab should be the anti-vandal plates for the windows,
yep and all i have to do to switch it back is match the colors back up now its on to the radio it turns on and shows stations and seems to work but it puts out no sound any ideas where to start? where would the speakers be?
YYUUUPPPPPP ! ....... Get Sirius radio and a head-set .............. otherwise the speaker is behind your head when you're sitting in the seat ..... you'll see the grill in the tan colored plastic ..... a bunch of screws a some plastic removal patience and you'll be able to see the radio and the speaker(s) if it's a stereo ..... HAVE FUN ! ....LOL
Anyone familiar with case cx210 pattern change valve location? Sticker in machine indicates that it's an option but I cannot locate in compartment behind cab...?? thanks.