Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

315C motor mis

powerjoke ยท 2009-08-30 17:01

I have a 06 or 07 (i cant remember) 315C L that has picked up a slight "mis" while NO-LOAD, just as soon as you put a load on it goes right away. it does it at any rpm but it only "puffs" black smoke at WOT. it may have been doing it for a long time, it is so slight that in the cab with the radio on etc. a guy can't notice it. It sounds like a Compressor Surge not necesarally a mis.......but the black smoke kinda makes me wonder about an injector. I havent changed the filter's yet as I just disconvered the problem yesterday Any ideas? Pj

Replies7
  1. #1willie592009-08-30 20:54

    It could be an injector, could also be an injection pump problem. I don't know that worry about it too much at this point as long as it's not affecting engine performance. Occasional "slight" misfires can be difficult to pinpoint with certainty. And it's kinda expensive to flat out go through all the injects and injection pump looking for the little gremlin. If the engine doesn't suffer power loss during digging, then you probably don't have a problem with fuel being supplied to inject pump. Just some thoughts.

  2. #2powerjoke2009-08-30 21:09

    my thoughts as well, Thanks for the reply. what do you think about a possible turbo? within the last few hours it's been hauled 200miles and I dont think my driver plugged the exhaust.....I wouldnt think it's locking up or if it was it wouldnt last 10 minutes. I have had turbo's go out before and just lost power, black stacked etc. But I think I am with you though I'll just run 'er. This winter I may pull the inectors and test them if it runs that long. the little machine only has 2500hrs Pj

  3. #3willie592009-08-30 21:59

    If your turbo was locked down from lack of lube from spinning during transport, you would notice a for sure loss of horsepower at digging rpm's.

  4. #4Squizzy246B2009-08-31 09:36

    I really sounds like an injector, and I'd get them checked pronto before you do some damage.

  5. #5bell1422009-09-02 22:47

    There is an injector recall on those 315s, check with your dealer. Ive had 2 done this year. '06 and '07 models.

  6. #6powerjoke2009-09-03 16:01

    This was definatly the post I wanted to read! thanks a million bell142 Pj

  7. #7willie592009-09-03 20:27

    Wow, that would be sweet if there was a recall that fixed your problem.