Anyone know how to replace a leaking water furrel on a cat 3204. Can’t seem to get it seated into place without leaking. Thanks,
Are you talking about the one at the front of the head? Show us a picture of it.
You need to clean the mating surfaces thoroughly, they're somewhat of a dubious design when it comes to sealing, it only relies on clamp pressure on the rubber to press against the sealing surfaces on the front of the head, and on the back of the water pump. Do you have a new seal and a new clamp? The clamp is a little different to a standard hose clamp. This thread (link below) has photos showing and describing a similar problem. Coolant leak between pump and engine. My 1970S Cat D3 Got coolant leak. There is a gap between pump and engine. A a clamp hold the rubber seal tight to expand the rubber to seal the gap from what I can tell. Anyone can help to figure out what is the rubber ring name? HeavyEquipmentForums
I ordered all 3 parts this time. The last go around I may not have used a cat clamp. Do I try to line the holes up with the furrel or just let in rest on the flat curved bottom part of the head? Use gasket sealer or leave it like it is? Thanks,