Cat 320cl derating when warm. Not sure what that means. I have one at a friends place. He said its derating when it warms up. Waiting to hear back from him as to what he's talking about. Anyone heard of this. Thanks. PAB00730 S/N
What's it's doing is going back to idle after you run it for about 20 minutes. Let it sit s bit and it'll do it all over again. Not getting hot. Any ideas
Wow 153 views and no ideas?
hi, have you changed your fuel filters ? if not a good place to start. these early machines had a poor fuel tank cap filter system which blocks up easily and there is a better design out now .so check that your cap can breath. also a number of the banjo bolts that are in the fuel lines have small filters integral to the bolt, especially at the lift pump also there have been a number of different water traps/separators fitted over the years and some always gave trouble and allowed air to enter causing similar issues as stated remove the hose from the on/tap at bottom of fuel tank and check for good flow of fuel at this point ,the tap is at 90 degrees to tank and tends to trap a lot of gunk Mark
Hey thanks for the help I'll give it a whirl. I know the filters have been changed we did that. The fuel was real dirty so there could be other issues. Thanks again I'll post the results