Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

320DGC vs 320D

fourfeather ยท 2010-09-14 22:01

Does anyone hear of or try use 320DGC, a new model CAT china lauched this year, specially in general construction. The model was originally produced in CAT japan facility, now transferred to CAT xuzhou(china) facility.

Replies5
  1. #1sultan2010-09-14 22:18

    From what I can make out, the 320D GC is a stripped down, lighter 320D with less horsepower for slower and lighter work. It seems to be designed for the oriental market, with low fuel consumption and a lower purchase price. It would be un-competitive on western construction sites because it would be too slow (124 HP in a brand new 20 tonner is pathetic).

  2. #2zxa2010-09-15 22:50

    and not very more fuel efficient..especialy since cat tend to be hog on the fuel...

  3. #3YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-15 23:11

    Are you sure it just Isnt a rebadged 319D???

  4. #4sultan2010-09-15 23:35

    I don't think so. The 320D CG has a C6.4 (with less hp than the 319DL!), not a C4.2 like the 319DL. It also weighs a bit more, and has much more swing torque. It seems to be just a lighter 320D with a derated engine. I'm just guessing because I never knew it existed before yesterday, and I've never seen a 320D CG. I couldn't find a brochure or proper specs for it. The best I could find was this: http://china.cat.com/cda/layout?m=382355&x=7

  5. #5YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-15 23:48

    It doesnt give much specs, but it does have a slower swing speed and a faster travel speed. I wonder if it has a lighter boom witha shorter stick?