Made some great HD footage! watch in hd if your connection allows YouTube - Liebherr 996 excavator working at night (HD 720P)
Thats deep!
arent they worried about bucketing all the water out of the harbor? he needs to torch a couple of quarter size holes in the back of the bucket lol. wonder how deep he's digging thats crazy Pj
We've seen that rig on this forum before, but never video. There was a lot of debate on the function of the cable boom lift. What did we learn from the video?
^^ the cable is to assist of lifting the boom, and to break the suction it can dredge 83 feet with the long stick (what it has in the video).
Hard to tell from the video cause the pile on the barg is blocking it, but I'd have to think there is a few holes in the sides of the bucket, I mean they dig in the water every day. Course even when he gets full buckets of dirt, mud, rock, cars, and what not from the bottom of the river there will be some water in it no matter what. I think I've heard in the past they are digging to 50 or 55 feet*:beatsme *or 83 feet as Vinny just stated... silly slow typer I am Very cool video though
The army corps say say it goes about 50 feet but the machine specs says about 83 feet