Hi, I am not new to the excavators, it is realy my specialty. However i have never owned a machine bigger than my 350D and we are looking to upgrade to a 450D i have several used machines lined up but am worried about the hrs on them and what sort of problems have plagued the 450D's in the past. I have 3 in calgary AB and i have a line on probably 8 or so in texas. I have nothing against buying out of texas as i have done for my rock trks and my 744j. Please give me ur honest opinion on the machines. I have a great shop to fix and repair minor machine failurs, but we dont do pumps and engines ourselves I the one i want has 3750hrs with 2 bkts and a hyd removeable couner weight for 275.000 CDN -08 450D 4150hrs 2 bkts and manual quick coupler for 269.000Cdn -06 450D 6300hrs 2bkts hyd quick attach and hyd thumb for 160.000 I am concidering the price on this one because it is absolutely spotless and been well maintained but I just dont want Big failure withing the next 2000hrs and if i realy like the 450's i would end up buying a new one rite away and hopefuly not loose as much as i would compared to running the 275.000 dollar machine for 2000hrs, Rb auction results say that the older machine shouldnt drop any more resale value than it has Thank you let me know what u all think Evan
Brandt still has a nice selection of used units with low hours up here in Edmonton. They were returned a couple years back from one of the larger up north contractors. As for the 450D's... they are a great hoe. Definately shows Deere finds a way to make the 450 better with each new model.
Good to hear Thanks for the info Bud How is the rain up there ??
Are you guys as sick of this rain as I am?
It sucks.... we're workin on trying to dry dirt right now. How about you guys?
i got snowed, rained and hailed on today up by bonnyville/cold lake area
Well... you were in a place called cold lake. We were in Hinton on the long weekend and saw some snow flying by the Cheviot mine. It's all downhill from here guys.
Maybe it won't snow..... oh and yeah rain today
We need rain here:IMO.
send the rain to Indiana it is VERY dry here
The 450 D has been a solid machine. The only problems I can recall have been minor wiring harness issues at the pumps and CW removal circuit. Ive seen a few injection pump couplers let go as well as a failed hydraulic pump at low hours,other than that its just oil changes and bucket teeth.
Hey how big is a Weldco twist for the 450?
never seen one,nothing on their website.
no they don't post stuff like that. I do believe they are only putting on 3 yard twists on 400 size hoes. Just comparing to an old kobelco 916 (400 size) down here it has a 5 yard twist.
Im so glad i invested in a nice rain coat this year!! Have had 3 jobs ready to topsoil and clean up this month and still cant do it in the rain, i tried but my 655 deere wound up at the bottom of the slope in a small slough, so i went home to work on my old traxcavator PS. I bought the 450D with 3700hrs from brandt in calgary, I will post some picks soon.
PS. I bought the 450D with 3700hrs from brandt in calgary, I will post some picks soon.[/QUOTE] That good.:thumbsup can't wait to see the pic's.
So you got the rain we are experiencing as well? I fired up the 973 so I could bring it to the road this morning for the Finning guy to look at it and nearly slid into the fuel tank on my way.
Thats ironic because a CAT never goes more than twohundred feet away from a fuel tank, i bet the 73 was jst thirsty !! i think the rain is province wide from med had to fort mack, sliping and sliding all the way across the jobsite!
Deeretime what all machines did you say you have? Glad to hear you got what you wanted.
Do you want a full list or jst the excavator's? its all deere except for the packers and the scrapers
All please.
EXCAVATORS 160lc, 2-200clc's 230clc,270dlc 350dlc,450dlc 544h 744J 624k D7r 655c 850c 770bh 143H 160h 2- 627 F's 862B 2 350d adt's 710j w hyd q/a Gehl ctl 80 cat 236 5 rollers 2 330 kw's with swamp loaders 4 western star tandem's 1 kw t800B 1 sterling t/a service truck lots of other suport equipt but thats the main stuff for now !
Pretty nice fleet of mostly deere's. Need any help? Really like that 270d and 744j. Do you know if your 744J has a 6090H engine or 6125H. Just asking to see how the 6090 is holding up in her?
Well thank you for the complement. As for the 270 i hope deere fixex its problems for us finaly and im not sure about the mill in the 744, ill find out for you its been a awesome machine for is it is like having a 850c on wheels !\
have i asked you what was going on with the 270?
No u havent, but its on engine #3 because the first couple had the cylnder sleeves the wrong sise and they got pounded down and the 3rd engine now has head gasket troubles no one can keep a gasket in it. deere has a problem with some of the plating on the hydraulic cylenders coming off and plugging filters and eventualy blowing them off of the machine! The seat warmer caught on fire and burnt the seat out and burnt my bum soo bad i went to the hospital. Not to mention the turbos,injection pumps,injectors and the hyd pump being replaced! I am a die hard deere fan but every time i see that machine i want to punch the man that designed it ! Do you have a 270 if so how is it? i have heard nothing but good things about the 270'S but mine is just a toilet i guess
By the way i have pictures of the new 450 in action and alot of my iron on another thread i cant figure out how to patch it through but its called 7km gravity sewermain picks
Yikes, that's real bad. I haven't seen any Deeres that had that many problems at a young age. My JD 200LC has been rock solid so far, no problems (other than the cab AC/Heater fan motor failing and the radio acting up at times). I got it with a just rebuilt engine, new pumps, new swing motor, new track motors, and a new undercarriage for just $27k. It had a few little issues that were cheaper than expected to fix (i.e. $1000 total) and its now almost as good as new. P.S. Nice fleet Hopefully, some day I'll have one like yours:drinkup. The average age of machines in my farm use "fleet" is over 25 years :tong.
We had a problem with our stick cylinder on the 792d. It leaked oil after 500hrs so they oversized the chrome and left the packing regular size to stop it. It turned blue in 5hrs so then they chromed it the regular size again and regular packing it still leaked. So they asked my dad what he wanted done and he made them go to wajax and get a Hitachi rod. It was good for 10,000hrs.