Hey guys, We have a 325 C/L at work that I have been running lately and it runs fine for about half a day then all of the sudden it makes some kind of beep sound and the machine just stops. When I mean stop I mean it only does this when its in a swing and its only for like half a second then its fine for about five minutes and it'll happen again. After that it happens more and more frequently until I just get out because its very annoying. It is like the parking brake gets engaged then released right away and nothing pops up on the screen as an error or anything. So I was wondering if it something to do with the parking brake sensor or it maybe something else. Any input would be much appreciated thank you for your time.
Does it come to a hard stop like something locked up, or drift to a stop like it lost drive flow? Later Bob
Bob, It comes to a hard stop for like half a second then releases then hard stop and so on and so forth.
It sounds just like a 330C I looked at that would stop in mid swing for a second and then continue like nothing happened, what I found on that was that the busbar inside the fuse panel had a loose connection that made the power to the machine ecm come and go briefly. Operator never noticed that the ecm rebooted each time.
as per your statement only swing is malfucting when the beeb sound comes,if it is problem of implement ecm loose conection then pilot cutoff solinoid,and prv soilinod will also malfuctionwhich will totaly disable hydraulic function. pls reply if my understandings are correct
Somewhere under the valve block you will find a bank of three solenoids. One of these controls the slew brake. To find which one, disconnect and try to slew - it will not slew when this solenoid is disconnected. Check the connections and see if you've got a broken wire or corrosion. This would explain your problem.
No, the pilot cutoff isn't affected and you never notice the short drop in prv. That's what made it hard to find for us. But you'll notice the beep when the monitor looses the connection with the ecm. Our Operator had earplugs and radio blaring all the time so we never got the hint about the beep until i tried loading a few loads with it......
if it is of swing parking brake solinoid this woud be registerd i logged fault code
thanks for all of the help. I also notice that and ECM error pops up on occasion but I will start looking at all of the suggestions asap. Again thanks for all of the help.