1T0325GKHJJ345091 Active codes ECU 412.03 EGR TEMPERATURE CIRCUIT FAULT VCU 3512.04 SENSOR SUPPLY 4 CIRCUIT FAULT ECU 522401.05 CAM SENSOR CIRCUIT FAULT ECU 110.03 COOLANT TEMPERATURE CIRCUIT FAULT Stored Codes ECU 522401.02 CAM SENSOR INVALID ECU 522400.02 CRANK SENSOR INVALID VCU 158.04 SYSTEM VOLTAGE INVALID VCU 168.04 BATTERY VOLTAGE CIRCUIT FAULT Machine died while working it and originally threw ECU 533501.02 code. Machine would not restart. I unplugged the cam sensor and visually inspected the pigtail for broken wires. Plugged it back in and it restarted with this mess of codes. I'm assuming there's at least one shared power or ground that is causing this. Battery voltage and capacity tests fine. Any suggestions on where to look for problems would be appreciated.
? Cannot find this one in the manual. None of those codes will shut an engine down. A cam code can make for long crank times, but should still start. This one is for one of the travel speed sensors. I would check the grounds at the starter and the battery. ECU ground is at the bottom of the ECU. Also check your charging voltage. We have seen quite a few alternators overcharging creating havoc. At the battery positive post there is a smaller red wire (B004). Make sure that has a good connection.
Sorry, I fat fingered that one. Should have been ECU 522401.02. The ring terminal was almost broken in half between the ring and the barrel. I crimped a new terminal on, but broke the stud off inside the battery terminal getting it apart. So, I have that and 2 nuts ordered.
I'm starting to think I have a bad ECU. Couldn't get the broken stud out of the battery lug and basically destroyed it trying. Cut it off and crimped a ring terminal on it as well and switched to a stud-style battery lug. Started it up and still had ECU 412.03 and ECU 522401.05. Cleaned up the ground next to the battery and checked the ECU ground. All the codes went away. Today I tried to do some brush mowing: First time I hit a bump the machine shuts off and throws ECU 522400.02 . Crank won't start. Let it sit for a bit and it restarts with no codes showing. Start mowing back to the truck, hit another bump, shuts off again. This time it shows ECU 522400.02 and ECU522401.02. Restarts on the 3rd try. Get it started again and start crawling back to the truck. Make it within 20' shuts off again, did not give any service codes and will not restart. After a bit of cranking it gives me ECU 522401.02. Crank a bit longer and it gives me ECU 522400.02. Crank it a few more times hoping it will give me another code, but no dice. Assuming I can get it to restart tomorrow or Monday, what the procedure for starting it with the cab up? I want to start it and tap the ECU with a baby hammer and see if it dies.
Need to do some testing to see if you have clean power to the computer positive terminal along with the ground back to battery. Could have a loose fuse or something like that also. Need to do some comprehensive testing before firing the parts cannon. Testing all the battery cables and grounds would be a good start. Simon C
Did you check the grounds at the flywheel housing and at the starter? For the flywheel housing ground, with the cab up, there are a bunch of ground wires on one of the flywheel housing bolts. It will be to the left looking in. There is a special tool for starting with the cab up (pictured below with the grounds pointed out). Also, I see your machine serial number indicates there is new software available for all the controllers. Might want to have that done at some point.