Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299D2 XHP paired with HM 415C Mulcher. Ripped harness from Skid to Mulcher.

bso32177 · 2025-10-25 15:22

Hi all. I have ripped the harness out of the plug that attaches to the skid steer, harness is still intact going into mulcher attachment. The pin connector is labeled with letters so with the help of a schematic i should be able to remedy my mistake if i knew what pin was for which process, etc. 299D2 XHP DX202385 and Cat HM415C DJW00465. Does a schematic or diagram exist? Trying to avoid the $750 CAT wants for their mulcher attachment harness.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2025-10-25 16:14

    Check your message inbox for electrical schematics covering both machines.

  2. #2applseedlm2026-07-12 17:52

    I have an hm415c mulcher that the connector got ripped off on the mulcher side. All the wires are white. Do you have a diagram?

  3. #3Nige2026-07-12 18:34

    Do you have the Serial Number to identify the correct schematic.

  4. #4applseedlm2026-07-12 18:43

    DJW00612

  5. #5Nige2026-07-13 08:03

    Thanks for that. Check your message inbox.

  6. #6SMITH130652026-09-23 19:23

    Nige, I have a HM415C mulcher that I just purchased used and someone has replaced the connector that fits the skid steer. The door doesn’t work with my 299d2. Do you have a schematic for the mulcher? Mulcher serial number is DJW00238 299D2 serial number is CAT0299DJDX200329

  7. #7Nige2026-09-24 05:12

    I can send you both. Check your message inbox.