Looking for a good used turbo for a Cat 3306 7RJ02960 CAT #OR6376 Mine is binding a little a a rebuilt one is $1400, work is too slow for that kind of money right now
BW builds replacements for the 3406 https://www308.safesecureweb.com/iponly140864//pdf/BW_S_series_replcmnt_CAT.pdf ,I don't know if they make replacements for the 3306 but from what I've heard they are better than the origonals and cheaper for a new unit compared to a reman from cat
3306 Dont you just love it, trying to repair trucks in this bad ecomony. Now they are saying my injection pump is bad and not building fuel pressure, anyone have a good used one laying around?
At least you have a good reason to keep it runnin. :drinkup I was talking with someone today who has a 200k machine with no work coming in. Thats got to hurt.
as for the turbo - cat turbos are made by switzer , ive got a guy here( chicago area) gets the parts direct thru them for like 1/3 the cost of cat........................the injection pump however, um yea are they saying the lift/supply pump or the delivery valves/pump cam etc bad? because a lift pump is far less $$$ than a rebuild on an injection pump
injection pump I called Cat today and they wanted $300 each (6) for the pumps that go in the injection pump. I have a guy that can replace them on the truck, but thats $1860.00 plus his $350, HUMMM thats a lot of money with no work going on. I have located a used pump, $600 I know its a gamble, but Im a gambling man. I win some and I lose some The problem with Cat is, they want you to buy the turbo, then you have to pay a core charge up front, you turn your core in and when they get around to it, they check it out. It has took me up to 60 days to get my core deposit back, I also have never got any back, they said it was all bad, Bull crap is what I told them. I dont buy anything from them, unless I have too.
haha yes I definately agree on that whole BS core scam they have going. I have compiled a decent list of outside vendors i use over the years......... I hate having to go directly to cat
Funny story, ya gotta love it Well I drove 2 hrs today and took the injection pump off of a bad engine, no problem getting it off, the fuel transfer pump was already off. I also lucked out and got the turbo, I know its a big gamble, but in todays market, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Got the pump over to the mechanics shop and he looks at it an says, not good, there is a mount bolt broke off for the fuel transfer pump, I look at it and said Oh Sh-t, what next. He tells me to take it to the machine shop around the corner, now its 4:55pm, I pull up to the shop and he looks at it and says HUMM (I know Ive had it now) you need to take it to a specialist shop, where they can set it up in a jig to drill it straight. Now I need a stress pill. Call my Buddy and he says bring it over and let me look at it, he looks at it and says "thats a mighty small bolt to drill out" (5/16") so he takes it in his shop and looks around for the small LH drill bits. He gets it set up and he starts to drill, being real careful to hold it in the center, so it doesnt run off. I need another pill now, He says OH SH_T, now I really need a pill, to make things worst he says "OOOH SH_TTTTT" wheres my pills:Banghead Anyone ever heard of a dirt dobbers nest, it was dirt made by a type of wasp I cant stand it, GIVE ME A PILL The morale of this story is, if it looks like a broke off bolt, check it with a punch or someone, it might save on the stress pills LOLLLLLL:Banghead Now this was looked at by 5 different people, including myself and noone picked up on the "check it out first dummy" wasp nest I guess I will sleep better tonight, but Im out of pills Hope you all enjoyed my crazy afternoon review:bash:bash:bash
That sounded like a fun afternoon. Just hope the pump is good once installed.
3306 DITTO, maybe Ill have another story, I hope its not a pill taking story:drinkup
....Sorry to rain on your parade but you can't just take an injection pump off of 1 engine & expect it to run properly on your engine. Hopefully the used pump you got came from a truck engine & not a machine or industrial engine... It may have the wrong governor spring for your application, wrong FLS,FTS settings, & wrong static timing...good luck. If you give me the serial # off of the engine that the used pump came from & can tell you if your even close to having the same settings.
After all that, hopefully everything will work right.
raining thanks for thats advise, if you know what you are doing you can do this. As someone said one time, this is not my first rodeo. I did my home work first, it came off the exact engine and application. I called Cat and gave them both engine serail numbers and the pumps will interchange and the injectors are the same. I have a retired Cat mechanic doing this, so Im thinking we got it under control
And here I thought I was the only one that went down those kinds of roads Every now and then I think I need more then a pill.Probably need my head examined.
Awesome!!...good luck, let us know how everything works out.
3306 He got it changed out this PM and boy has this thing got power now, I didnt realize how sluggish it was. Its like a putting 4 barrel carb on a gas engine I guess I lucked out on this one Thanks for all the advise
:drinkup Glad to hear your "gamble " payed off:drinkup