Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

345 Bridge to nowhere?

LogDog ยท 2009-07-01 21:29

hi all here's a few pics of us building a bridge to nowhere. Replacing a culvert of about 48" acually it was an old boiler. with a precast panel bridge. 2 sill plate and then the deck planks. good work, I am fortunate:usa Enjoy Roger

Replies7
  1. #1willie592009-07-01 23:40

    Nice pics LogDog. It's hard to tell, but that looks like the rivets of the boiler in that first pic. Also looks like you were fightin' your way around Hemlock trees in one of the pics. Nice work.

  2. #2ZAXIS2009-07-02 20:49

    LogDog, whats up with the panel that looks like a flatscreen tv on the side of your hoe?? :beatsme :usa

  3. #3LogDog2009-07-02 21:52

    Zaxis that is part of a guarding package, there is a 6"square tubing running along the side and then up at the counterweight. piece of 1/2 plate, that hinges at rear, good theory as we get in to so small spots. I wish they would have painted it to match.:beatsme

  4. #4JTL2009-07-03 05:16

    You just dont see to many 345's set up for woods work. Looks sharp though! Gotta protect them salmon, even though the logger is dying off. Jason

  5. #5Burnout2009-07-03 12:46

    Darn.... and here I was thinking these pics were actually building the real Bridge to Nowhere.

  6. #6Turbo218352009-07-03 13:57

    I wish they would build that bridge in Ketchikan AK. I have family there. They also happen to own the redi mix in town. Im sure that would mean a few solid years of work for me if I would want to go.

  7. #7ZAXIS2009-07-07 20:57

    Thanks LogDog, I thought it could be guarding, but I have just never seen any quite like that. Looks HD !! I guarantee ya if I had a big ole Cat in the woods I would have all the guarding I could get too. :usa