Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stinger Attachment for 345b?!

Beel ยท 2009-07-02 10:42

Hey guys, I was asked to locate a "stinger" attachment for our 345. Basically it is to be used as an extension from the stick to place Blast Mats over a shot. I have heard they can be fabricated fairly easy. It is just being used to gain an extended reach. Due to the job site conditions we need to flip from a bucket to this "stinger" with a quick coupler. Anyone heard of these or have any pictures? Any help would be greatly appreciated. These blast mats weigh about 8000lbs. At full reach can a 345 handle this? Thanks guys.

Replies4
  1. #1stock2009-07-02 19:02

    Is it one of these?

  2. #2Beel2009-07-02 19:23

    well im not sure.... I was told it can be fab'd to hook to a quick attacth and would usually have a hook or eye for rigging on the end.

  3. #3Nac2009-07-02 19:34

    probably looking for something like this

  4. #4Beel2009-07-02 19:41

    Right on the money! Thanks a mill'. I wonder if i can get a fab shop to replicate something like this, i dont really need the telescoping option, but just to be able to reach another 15 feet would be ideal. Thanks for the reference! :usa