Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Have yall ever seen anything like this??

ZAXIS ยท 2009-06-30 22:01

Thought this was post-worthy.

Replies13
  1. #1CabbageThe12009-06-30 22:04

    WOW.......I WANT ONE!!!!!! What is something like that used for?

  2. #2ZAXIS2009-06-30 22:06

    Im guessin that it is used for HIGH water.

  3. #3tootalltimmy2009-07-01 00:31

    It amazes me how the basic excavator can be adapted to do specialty jobs. The long reach demolition arms also are amazing. Thanks for the pic. It reminds me of an off-shore drilling rig.

  4. #4Cmark2009-07-01 03:29

    Not often you see an excavator with lifebelts....

  5. #57AXLES2009-07-01 08:47

    Pretty slick the way they made it so the counter weight stays down low.

  6. #6tonka2009-07-01 10:06

    looks like the boom does too:beatsme

  7. #7roddyo2009-07-02 10:14

    Hi It's good to see you back on the boards. Are you back in J-Town?

  8. #895zIV2009-07-02 15:45

    Here you go some more pictures of it in action:

  9. #9BritOperator2009-07-02 16:29

    Read an article about that machine in a magazine we have here in England. It's designed for work in tidal waters in northern europe somewhere, hence the scissor lift between the upper structure and the track frame. Think if I remember right the base machine is a Zaxis 800 or 1200.

  10. #10ZAXIS2009-07-02 19:58

    Thanks, Im glad to be back-:usaOffice is in J-Town, home is Brookland

  11. #11ZAXIS2009-07-02 20:03

    :usa I agree, excavators are awesome machines!! (Especially ORANGE ones) :usa

  12. #12ZAXIS2009-07-02 20:09

    :beatsme Dont that figure!! Somebody already beat me to it. Thats what I get for being off here so long. Thanks for showing me the existing pics. :usa

  13. #13AtlasRob2009-07-03 18:18

    I see the original thread dosent mention a definite use / reason for the machine. As BritOperator states there was an article about it in Earthmovers magazine here in the UK and from memory it was designed specifically to excavate trench for pipelines coming ashore or departing for sea.