Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

350 ton road train

rare ss · 2011-05-13 09:46

I was lucky enough to have a tour though these guys factory power trans their larger prime mover is running a 760HP cummins with a powered trailer running the same engine/trans combo and 3 other side tipper trailers giving a total of 350 ton capacity allowng high speed & long haul distances

Replies6
  1. #1hammerman2011-05-13 12:09

    nice pics

  2. #2wnydirtguy2011-05-14 05:57

    that is sweet. I wonder if the D.O.T. would let me run one around here?

  3. #3alrman2011-05-14 06:58

    Are those pics taken in Brisbane? One of those blokes in third pic is a mate of mine!

  4. #4Lee-online2011-05-14 08:50

    Road trains are a cool feature of Australia. I assume they are the only country that has them. Do the drivers have to have a special endorsement on their licence or can any truck driver drive one?

  5. #5hammerman2011-05-14 08:51

    Refering to third pic...I don´t paid attention at chasis´s size,waooo, the men are like ants, what size of loader it would be required for loading at that height?

  6. #6rare ss2011-05-18 08:24

    Yeh, their factory is in brisbane, i should have blurred the faces to protect the innocent 992 size loader to load them, witht he 4 trailer (one is powered) setup they are good to tow 350 ton at 80+kmph in 60degreeC all day