Anybody know what the cycle time for a Cat 365BL II with a 4 cy bucket is?
That's an awful big bucket for a 365. Is the machine in mass excavation configuration..? Where would the machine be to load trucks. Sitting on the bench above, at the same level or even below the truck..? Approx swing angle in degrees..? Material type..? Hard packed or blasted..?
Looking at buying one with a 78" 4.35 cy bucket and a 46" bucket (cy unknown but probably 60% of the 78") it has a reach boom, 15'6", for this particular case assume machine on the same level as the trucks, silty sand, about 90 degrees from the hole we will load from to the back of the truck. We have loaded this same material before with a 235C at 19 to 20 seconds, 345BL at 25 to 26 seconds and a 375B at 30 seconds. I was told that the 365CL has much better hydraulics and is faster, that is what I am looking for but I looked at a low hour 365BL II that looked fairly decent so I'm considering it.
Apologies. I was thinking of the bucket in metres not yards. A 365CL similarly equipped to a 345BL should be about 1-2 seconds/cycle slower than the 345 digging the same material under the same job site conditions. You will of course be moving more dirt with the 365 because of the bigger bucket. By similarly equipped that means boom & stick in the same proportions, so if one has a reach boom then so should the other despite the 2 booms being different lengths. Same goes for the stick, both should have the same type of stick - short, med, or long for it to be a fair comparison.
you using math or do you have actual experience with the 2 machines?
I'm working from actual field production study data compiled by Cat. So not personal experience but not plugging the numbers into a calculator either. One thing I can say categorically is that the 365 is not faster than any model of 345 that's ever been produced.
our 365c with a 15 foot stick and 4.5 yard (76") bucket can load a 35 ton truck in just over a minute. 5 passes in good heaping material. So 12-18 second cycles with less than 90 degree swing.