I have a Hobart Battery Mate charger. S/N 498CS45764 Model: 750H3-18C It’s a 3 phase charger but I do not have 3 phase at my new shop. I heard it can be wired to run on 2 phase or single phase. Do you know if it’s possible and if so how? Thanks
Some pictures of the charger
I can't tell from those pictures but if there was a schematic available I might be able to tell. I would be concerned about ripple capacitors being overpowered if trying to run on single phase only, might need to talk to the manufacturer.
I'd search three phase welders on single phase, it's reasonably common and reasonably easy. Just add capacitors, which you can find in scrapped window AC units most easily. The other solution is getting a 120V charger if you don't run the forklift for more than a few hours a week.
I do not know about that but you can probably buy a 3 phase inverer for $1000 dollars or less. I ran an electric fork lift on a 120V golf cart charger for 10 years. It has its down sides but I would do it again.